Latest addition to the database:
- Clumsy, superficial, and cliched account of life in Auschwitz, as told from the perspective of two survivors, a husband and wife who were separated and lost their daughter in the camp. Bracketed by scenes in the former Yugoslavia in 1993.
- Author - Pascal Croci
- Illustrator - Pascal Croci
- Publication Information:
- Harry N. Abrams, New York, 2003
- Color or Black & White:
- Historical Fiction
- Bibliography Available:
- Original Language
- Historical Topic/Event
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
- World War (1939-1945)
- Geographic Setting
- Date Range
- 1944 - 1945
- holocaust, ww ii, nazis, concentration camps, auschwitz, Jewish, Europe, anti-semitism, holocaust survivors, Poland
- Includes an interview with and comments from Croci. Also contains glossary, character studies, references, etc. Bibliography contains fictionalized accounts of the Holocaust, as well as eyewitness accounts.
Funded in part by a Carnegie-Whitney Grant from the American Library Association.
Graphic History is a database of available/in-print graphic novels dealing with historical settings, events, or people. It is hosted by the University of Iowa Libraries.
Learn more at http://guides.lib.uiowa.edu/graphichistory.